To make WebMatrix better, I suggest you ...

Remote Settings Export / Save

An option to save or export remote website settings would be very very nice, especially for developers that are supporting a plethora of sites.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loukas BafatakisLoukas Bafatakis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    jmdhjmdh shared a merged idea: Alternate publishing to host and azure  ·   · 
    kristinakristina shared a merged idea: I can get back my ftp detail in future I have gave to webmatrix ?  ·   · 
    kristinakristina shared a merged idea: backup (import,export) feature for ftp details saved in webmatrix ?  ·   · 
    kristinakristina shared a merged idea: export all ftp detail as filezilla xml and import from filezilla xml file ?  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yishai Galatzer [WebMatrix developer]Yishai Galatzer [WebMatrix developer] commented  · 

Hey Kristina,

Although you cannot export the publishing information in WebMatrix Version 2, you can easily access them.

The file is stored at a path similar to this:
        C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\IISExpress\config\PublishUI\{SITENAME}\PublishProfile.xml

Note that the password is encrypted and will only work on the same computer/same user name to preserve your privacy.

You can edit the file to put the password in plain text if you'd like.

• kristinakristina commented  · 

Export FTP detail feature.

• kristinakristina commented  · 

In Fireftp (firefox plugin) and Filezilla you can use same xml file to import export.

1. Suppose I just know my FTP detail and put them to use through webmatrix.

now their is no way to get them back.

In Filezilla and Fireftp I can import export.

this is something like Webmatrix feature request.

Feedback and Knowledge Base