To make WebMatrix better, I suggest you ...

Go To Definition on JavaScript file, CSS rules

add support for "Go To Definition" on JavaScript functions across multiple files (for example: into jQuery functions), CSS rules

267 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Guy BursteinGuy Burstein shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Peter Concha RegattoPeter Concha Regatto shared a merged idea: Support the "GoTo Definition"  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DunnockDunnock commented  · 

@kristina
        Quite much all good IDE's behave the same with minified bulky files, especially when word wrap is on. You just cant really go around it. If there is!, would love to know about it Old Expression web behaved somewhat well but I ain't daft enough to open minified JQ files. What is there to gain anyways. function(a,b,c,d){a=a*;g = function()...

But absolutely voting for the opportunity to go to CSS files from HTML file by highlighting class or id. This obviously inside same "site"/project. And otherway around, from css file to possible multiple HTML files. JQuery should be left alone, it ain't vanilla JS so it ain't mandatory. Only true specifications should be taken in to applications as mandatory. JQ can be written in so many bad ways and no IDE highlights can help there,

• kristinakristina commented  · 

Webmatrix run slow when you open jQuery minified file. in this case webmatrix should first show file then doing colorization. this way it will not hang. Same way if you open 64KB css file in VS,Webmatrix they will run slow.

Feedback and Knowledge Base