Allow to select language other than the system's
Even if English chosen in Web PI the program use the system's language.
We’ve heard this feedback before – we will consider this for a future release.
I was not speaking about using WebPi, but having the option directly available at the installation of webmatrix and/or by a simple option present in webmatrix once installed.
There is this strange option already present in webmatrix called "preferred language for the installation" but it's definitely not changing anything.
Definitely have to agree with that.
For 2 main reasons:
- it's easier to find the needed information about a feature, a bug, an error report, using the main webmatrix community language.
- bug messages, and regular translations in other languages are sometimes very strangely/poorly made.
Also, not having to use the Web PI, and easily change it from a classic option of the software would be a great thing.
In order to help us look into this issue, could you please list out the detailed repro steps:
- What version of WebPI did you use?
- How did you go about selecting the language in WebPI?
- How did you get to the result?