To make WebMatrix better, I suggest you ...

Support intellisense for ASP.NET Forms

WebMatrix is a great free editor with really nice extensibility features. I'm working on an extension to support remote SharePoint page editing (masterpages, pagelayouts, ...) based on my SharePoint.DesignFactory.ContentFiles NuGet package. Problem is: I don't get intellisense working on ASP.NET Forms pages (SharePoint is built on that). I tried with the simplest case: create web project in Visual Studio, open in WebMatrix. Site works, but intellisense doesn't!

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Serge van den Oever [Macaw]Serge van den Oever [Macaw] shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Serge van den Oever [Macaw]Serge van den Oever [Macaw] commented  · 

Hi Allison,

I get the HTML intellisense, but the aspx intellisense is not working. I want to use it to edit SharePoint aspx files, I'm building tooling around it (to be published soon). It is a pitty that aspx intellisense is missing... Is there a way I can add that myself?

• Alison L [WebMatrix Tester]Alison L [WebMatrix Tester] commented  · 

Thanks for the feedback! I want to double check what you mean by not getting intellisense to work. Do you not get any intellisense at all? Or are you not seeing intellisense for ASP.NET syntax?

I assume you are using .aspx-type pages? We currently only provide HTML intellisense for those file types, and we do not support intellisense for asp tags such as <asp:Textbox>

Feedback and Knowledge Base