To make WebMatrix better, I suggest you ...

Auto Recognition of CMS Type on Open as a website in WebMatrix

It would be good if for example i download WordPress, or Joomla or ... have a site that is made in WordPress already for Webmatrix to automatically converts it to WordPress project when i open it so the folders are locked, wordpress intelli sense and all other stuff. This isn't possible with current projects just when you install new one from gallery.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Damir PečnikDamir Pečnik shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DunnockDunnock commented  · 

I would suggest that all of us would possibility to import our own library into somehow. A feature that is available with most IDE's that it browses the "core" directory set to application from classes and functions. No hassle with non OOP syntaxes with apps like Drupal then. We all could choose our own paths.

• DunnockDunnock commented  · 

this would be a great addition, but I can understand that even MS has problems with the load of possible CMS/CMF applications available. And not all of them are file based. Where Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress have their own syntaxes. There are loads of more CMS that are truly OOP and overcome these early named platforms by ease.
        And this is why I do say NO. Rather keep the PHP IntelliSense in the application and let the users have option to import core library into it.

Why I say this, I am an MODX/xPDO developer myself. And I would luv to import my own "libraries" to my own applications.

• Johan LJohan L commented  · 

That would be great, and not only for remote-sites.

• Damir PečnikDamir Pečnik commented  · 

What about sites that are not published. Say i get a WordPress site from a friend or some business and i need to make some changes when i right click on the folder say on desktop where the wordpress site is and select Open as a website with Microsoft Webmatrix when i do that with WordPress or joomla the site is detected as GenericPHP. This is what i meant with auto recognition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base