To make WebMatrix better, I suggest you ...

Remove/Reconfigure source control settings

Once you select a TFS server, for example, BOOM, thats it! Locked in. Cannot undo or change TFS settings for that particular site, even if you blow away the site files, appData, IISExpress settings, etc and try to re-establish the project fresh.

WebMatrix seems to hide the config for this (for everything for that matter, very annoying). UNINSTALL is the only remedy, such that it will finally delete wherever the dang settings are hiding.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David PugmireDavid Pugmire shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter MarshPeter Marsh commented  · 

I'm also having this same problem of trying to disable the Source Control settings.... very annoying.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hey i have a solution for that... just delete the LocalData of Web Matrix at here, it will delete all extensions including the settings also <your usernam>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebMatrix ... delete all those... its worked for me

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just delete site.preferences from C:\Users\{username}\Documents\IISExpress\config\PublishUI\{sitename}

It would definitely be nice if this was available from the GUI though.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What worked for me was deleting (or renaming to keep a backup!) the file "%USERPROFILE%/Documents/IISExpress/config/PublishUI/Your_Project_Name/site.preferences".

• Alfred LeeAlfred Lee commented  · 

This is VERY Annoying. I made a typo on the URL address and folder name, and BOOM, it's now stuck to that Folder name and i cannot change it. I tried deleting the project and starting over, but once I press "use TFS" the settings are back.

Feedback and Knowledge Base